I don’t know.
Its almost embarrassing how often I have to say these two phrases. But whatever, because I’m highly aware of how much I still have to learn about life. That list could go on & on & on
This list of what I know is much shorter, so here it goes!
1. First of all, I know I don’t know much. Most of what I have learned though, has been learned in the valleys, not on the mountaintops. Embrace the valleys.
2. God isn’t just great because of the BIG things He does. His most majestic greatness is revealed in the fact that He cares for every single detail of our lives. His Love is Endless & Reckless. Whatever it takes.
3. There’s a whole lot of stuff to be thankful for and having a lot of ‘stuff’ isn’t one of them.
4. Money, like Love, is meant to be given away. Show me someone who freely gives both money & Love at the expensive of their own comforts, and I’ll show you a compassionate, joy-filled being. Michael Oh nails it in this video clip about Missions & Money. A generation is rising that is so in love with Jesus, their own entertainment & comforts are but an afterthought. The Gospel must be preached in all the world. And this generation is gonna take their resources of time, love and yes, money to make it happen.
5. Godly men are hard to come by. If you’ve got one, keep him even if you’d like to kick him in the pants once in a while. Focus on his strengths and maybe he will too. Okay, still learning.
6. There’s no pit deep & dark enough that God’s loving arm can’t reach. Trust me, I’ve been to the bottom of several. Remember valleys & whatever it takes.
7. Kids are a gift from God… even when they drive a momma to the edge of Ca-razeee Town. Some answers to your prayers are wrapped up in these precious gifts, just waiting to be opened for the right time. As Mark Batterson says, our prayers never die. They live on through our children & grandchildren.
8. God wants R.E.A.L (Relationships Exhibiting Actual Love), and so do people. Western Christianity has somehow turned a relationship with God into a formal affair, made complete by donning a fancy outfit & attending a posh venue every weekend just to say you were there. It gets old, fast. Or imagine inviting your family over for a steak dinner, except when they arrive you give each of them a detailed, step-by-step recipes of how to make a juicy T-bone steak, creamy mashed potatoes, and even a mouth-watering baked from scratch apple pie, complete with illustrations! They’ll be quickly disappointed and probably get out of there as fast as they can! PEOPLE ARE HUNGRY FOR REAL FOOD not recipes about food!!! And God wants REAL HUNGRY people at His table! Know a group of Christians who, instead of forming a committee to contemplate potentially voting on serving the needs of their community, are actually serving up real food in the real world? Go. Seriously. Go. That my friends, is church!
So that’s all I know. Today. Tomorrow I may even forget some of these (especially 5 & 7).
So tell me, what do you KNOW? Today. Share a comment or drop me an email email@example.com. I’d like to share some of your life lessons in future posts. Together, we might just realize we know way more than we thought.